Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Material Properties

Why not just change the numerical values of thickness?  With no depth-dependent effects, all the other parameters should remain unchanged.

Garry

Hi

Thanks for the guideline of finding the values of the building
material properties . Now I am working with the following materials

1. 0.5 mm galv. steel sheet
2. Insulated Polyurethane (3 in)
3. Insulated Polyurethane (4 in)

>From the BLASTMaterials.idf file i got the following properties ,

1. MATERIAL:Regular,METAL - GALVANIZED STEEL 1 / 16 IN,  !- Material
Name
 Smooth,  !- Roughness
  1.6000000E-03,  !- Thickness {m}
   45.31000    ,   !- Conductivity {w/m-K}
   7833.020    ,   !- Density {kg/m3}
   500.0000    ,   !- Specific Heat {J/kg-K}
  0.9000000    ,   !- Thermal Emittance
  0.2300000    ,   !- Solar Absorptance
  0.2300000    ;   !- Visible Absorptance

2.  MATERIAL:Regular,INS - EXPANDED POLYURETHANE R11 3 IN,  !-
Material Name
 VeryRough,  !- Roughness
  7.0000000E-02,  !- Thickness {m}
  2.0000000E-02,   !- Conductivity {w/m-K}
   32.03000    ,   !- Density {kg/m3}
   1580.000    ,   !- Specific Heat {J/kg-K}
  0.9000000    ,   !- Thermal Emittance
  0.5000000    ,   !- Solar Absorptance
  0.5000000    ;   !- Visible Absorptance

But i didnt get the properties of polyurethane 4 in . How can i
manage the properties of Polyurethane 4 in ?

And the Galv steel is 1/16 in ( 1.58 mm ). so how can i get the
values of Galv.steel which is 0.5 mm ?

And what is the procedure of getting the properties of the material
which is not listed in the BLASTMaterials.idf file ?

Could anybody help me in this regard .

thank you

khizir mahmud

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chillarrahul"