[EnergyPlus_Support] Unable to autosize VAV dx coil

I have uploaded files for a 2 story building with a DX rooftop VAV
unit. We are applying for LEED certification of this building and
need to show energy savings over the minimum ASHRAE 90.1
requirements.

I am not sure why E+ will not autosize the DX coil for this system.
I have a sunlit area too small error which I have been unable to
correct, perhaps this is also the problem with the autosize.
Solutions to both issues would be greatly appreciated.

It had been running, until I updated the ground temperatures and
changed the design day schedule to be always on. When the design day
schedule was set to be off during unoccupied hours, the warm-up
loads were causing the VAV box and reheat coil to be EXTREMELY over
sized (4-5 times bigger than required.) The VAV dampers were not
opening past minimum except for the morning hours.

That brings up another question, is there any way to model a single
duct VAV system that comes on at minimum flow during unoccupied
hours to meet a night setback temperature?

Michelle Smith
Belle Engineering, LLC