Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] COMIS capabilities

1.  COMIS 3.0 with some minor enhancements.  I do not know if the enhancements
are in the COMIS code or the supporting EnergyPlus structure.  I do not have a
list, but I believe they would be additional vent control capabilities and the
option to calculate wind pressure coefficients for rectangular geometry.

2.  The COMIS source code is integrated in the EnergyPlus executable.

3.  Only one air network is allowed.  The only way to accomplish this would be
to add a very tiny opening between the two houses.  This joins the two networks
into a single network, but the impact on results should be negligible.

4.  No, because COMIS cannot simulate the flow through a large horizontal
opening.  Large openings in COMIS must be vertical, only cracks can be
horizontal.  Modeling atria is very difficult.  I do not have any
recommendations on how to model them.

Mike

On 23 Jul 2004, at 8:52, mkenergycentre wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Some quick questions about COMIS:
>
> 1) Is COMIS supplied as part of EnergyPlus? Is it COMIS 3.0? Or has
> it been developed in any way? If so, does anyone have a list of these
> additional developments?
>
> 2) How is the simulation with COMIS performed? i.e. does COMIS run
> separately as another executable and the two programs exchange data
> as the simulation proceeds, or has the COMIS source code been
> integrated into the main simulation of EnergyPlus? If it's the former
> does this make the simulation slower?
>
> 3) Can COMIS simulate more than one air network at a time? (e.g. a
> semi-detached house where heat transfers through the party wall, but
> the air flows in each house are not connected). If not, what would be
> the best way to approach this semi-detached problem with the current
> software?
>
> 4) In tall atria (or other large spaces) it is useful to simulate
> stratification effects by 'stacking' zones one on top of the other
> vertically. Is COMIS able to simulate the air movement through these
> large horizontal openings between the zones? If not, what is the
> recommendation for simulating a large stratified space?
>
> Thanks in advance
> David.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: