Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] calculation of indoor humidity

The uploaded files do not have the same design days in them.  This will affect
the equipment sizing and the latent removal.  Perhaps you just uploaded a wrong
file?  In both runs, check to be sure that the drybulb temperature in the zone
is meeting setpoint.  If you still cannot make sense of the results, please
upload revised files.

Mike

On 26 Jul 2004, at 1:02, zhaicq98 wrote:

> I have a question about the indoor humidity. I try to evaluate the
> the performance of an energy recovery ventilator (I use air-to-air
> exchanger model in EnergyPlus). My base case is a single-zone
> building with a constant air volume system. The alternative case is
> the same building, same HVAC system, but I add the ERV on top of it.
> When I look at the resulting indoor conditions, I find that the
> indoor RH for the base case is about 40-50% most of the time, which I
> think is reasonable. But the indoor RH for the alternative case is
> very low, always below 40%, even when the ERV is not running
> (accordint to its available schedule). I am surprised about the
> results. Can anyone help me with it?
>
> I have uploaded two files to the "Files" area, one named as CAV.idf
> and another named as ERV.idf. I run the simulation for Pittsburgh. I
> got warning messages about the psychrometric chart. I am not sure if
> it is the reason for the problem.
>
> Thanks

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: