Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with result Surface Ext Solar Incident[W/m2]

At 10:46 AM 8/14/2004, Soon Boon (Clarence) wrote:
>The Surface Ext Solar
>Incident[W/m2] value came out to be unstable as i change the vertex
>direction. Meaning my surface geometry is key as lower left corner CW
>but when i key the vertex of the wall in a wrong direction it give me
>a different value.

Yes, that is "as designed" -- if the surface is facing a different
direction (outward normal of the surface), then you will quite likely get a
very different result.

>another problem was even when i got the right direction of the
>vertex, the value of 2nd floor compare to 13th floor the value are
>the same, which i think there should be a different.

Not sure that this one should be different -- depends on location,
etc.  Incident angle from the sun (which is a long distance away) may make
very little difference to a building between stories -- but we're certainly
willing to look at it if you send your input file (to linda@xxxxxxxxxx or
to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx)

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov