Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Radiant Slab Outside Environment

When the outside environment is set to OtherZoneSurface, EnergyPlus forces the
outside surface temperature to equal the inside surface temperature of the
specified OtherZoneSurface.  Making the surface containing the cooling system
adiabatic will only be valid if the construction of that surface is symmetrical
and the cooling source is in the center of the construction.

Is there a radiant cooling slab in between all of the floors?  If so, you can
set the exterior environment of the 2nd level floor to be the 2nd level
ceiling, and set the exterior enviorment of the 2nd level ceiling to be the 2nd
level floor.  This creates a situation where two surfaces in the same zone are
connected as interzone surfaces.  If the situation truly repeats itself, this
can be a valid approach.

Mike

On 19 Aug 2004, at 12:15, zhen tian wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am simulating a multi-floor building with radiant slab cooling system.  The
> radiant floor is between two floors.  But I only want to simulate one floor.
> For example, the radiant slab is between 2 and 3 floor.  I only want to simlate
> the 2th floor.  So how can simulate the 2th floor without simulating the 3rd
> floor?  Since the radiant floor will have effect on the 3rd floor and the 3rd
> fllor is conditioned too. Can I define the foor as adiabatic surface?  Or how
> can I define the outside environment for the slab surface?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Zhen

> http://www.energyplus.gov