Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] loading weather data files, and other seemingly basic tasks.

At www.energyplus.gov, there are hundreds of weather files in epw format.  Add
one or more RunPeriod objects to you idf file to specify a range of dates to be
simulated from a weather file.  Also, make sure that the Run Control objects is
set for "Do the weather file simulation=Yes".  Then in EP-Launch, select the
desired weather file prior to running the simulation.

In the EnergyPlus...\Datasets folder, you will find idf files containing many
predefined objects for materials, constructions, etc.

Mike

On 20 Sep 2004, at 23:53, Eric wrote:

> I'm somewhat new to the world of energy modeling, I'm having trouble
> finding out how to load and use weather files. I downloaded a site
> which gave me 10 or so IWC files. Could you please tell me how to
> incorporate them into idfeditor?
>
> Also is there any easier way to load in material and light data other
> than searching for values and typing them in manually? I've looked
> into using designbuilder which seems to have some preloaded data, but
> the program doesn't look quite developed enough to meet our needs
> yet. It does look promising for the future though.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: