RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Compuer Load

Thanks Donald Fast

Yes , 530 is not for a desktop computer. I have checked a desktop computer consumption yesterday in a three phase watthour meter and the result is 113 watt. This is similar to wilkins , Laine (1991) and Wilkins & Mcgaffin (1994).

Thanks all for support

Donald Fast <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes,  use the meter.  Preferably on all (or a large % sample) computers.

Differing CPUs and video cards not to mention different software running and
widely different power supply efficiencies will make the power usage quite
variable.

The dates on ASHRAE references are all old.  Computers have changed and
generally use more power (I don't think the 530 W is on a desktop computer,
perhaps a large server).

Donald Fast
Building Insight Technologies Inc.
Suite 1, 3661 West 4th Ave.