Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] dry bulb temperature of energyplus--weather conversion

My apologies for the delayed response.

The outdoor dry bulb temperature (which comes from the design day or weather
file) will impact both surface heat transfer and the window AC capacity and
power consumption.  So this is probably what you want to use.

To modify a weather file, convert it to csv and modify the values in the Dry
Bulb Temperature (column D).

Mike

On 28 Sep 2004, at 22:03, HSIEH Chun-Ming wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing the interaction of a CFD model and EnergyPlus.
> By both softwares, I want to find out how the heat rejection affect the
> outside temperature and its feedback including the extra electric
> consumption of air conditioners.
> The heat rejection of air conditioners calculated by the EnergyPlus will
> be an input to a CFD model.
> By the simulation of a CFD model,  the distribution of outside
> temperature and humidity can be clarified.
> The increase temperature will then be a new input to EnergyPlus to
> calculate the extra electric consumption of air conditioners.
> The temperature of each point simulated by the CFD model will be
> different, so I wonder which temperature is better for me to use when
> running the EnergyPlus program.
> The two choices now I am thinkg of are
> 1) the average temperature that is just next to the wall and
> 2) the average ambient temperature
> Well, it,  of course, depends on how the EnergyPlus calculates the dry
> bulb temperature, humidity and so on.
> Do you have any suggestions? 1) or 2) which is bettter?
>
> The parameters I will change are temperature, humidity, wind speed and
> wind direction.
> It is relatively easy to change the DesignDay, but how to convert the
> weather file becomes a question to me.
> I mean where should I start after converting the wather file to csv format? Is
> there any document talking about that? I see lots of information with date
> listing there, but don't know what to do? Thank you very much.
>
> Chunming

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links