Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] daylight factor output

My apologies for not responding sooner.  I have asked another team member about
this, and the response follows.  Please let me know if this answers your
question.

Mike

--------

I think this user is looking to calculate daylight factors based on E+
simulation results, i.e. daylight factors, as in the ratio of interior
horizontal illuminance to total exterior horizontal illuminance.  I assume they
plan to get the interior illuminance with DAYLIGHTING:DETAILED, and then they
want to know what exterior illuminance to use.

The 3 report variables that are listed are calculated by EnergyPlus based on
the solar weather data (or design day).  They are not connected to the weather
file fields of Global Horizontal Illuminance, Direct Normal Illuminance, and
Diffuse Horizontal Illuminance. Based on the source code, I believe the total
exterior horizontal illuminance would be given by:

Exterior Horizontal Beam Illuminance + Exterior Horizontal Illuminance From Sky

Hope this helps

----------

On 14 Sep 2004, at 1:27, iris_lilin wrote:

> hi, can i check with you the output for the calculation of daylight
> factor?? currently, there are 3 output names that are quite similiar,
> which is the output file that is used to obtain the daylight factor
> for exterior environment?
>
> 1. exterior beam normal illuminance
> 2. exterior horizontal beam illuminance
> 3. exterior horizontal illuminance from sky
>
> thank you.
>
> regards
> iris

> http://www.energyplus.gov