[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: A problem of Sensible Heating/Cooling Rate

Dear all:
  Thanks for Mike's kind reply.
  I have searched the document and find it just lists the name of the
variables.There is no specification in the document.
  For convenience,I list the values for the whole day in 14th,Jan.
I use Space-1 for instance.From 1am to 7am,the Zone/Sys Cooling Rate
values are:210w,217w,220w,215w,218w,219w,208w.The Zone/Sys Heating
Rate values are 0.At 8am,The Zone/Sys Heating Rate value is 2519w,and
the Zone/Sys Cooling Rate is 0.At 9am,The Zone/Sys Heating Rate value
is 167w and the Zone/Sys Cooling Rate  value is 62 w.For the remainer
hour,the Zone/Sys Cooling Rate value
are:517w,558w,574w,525w,550w,591w,573w,546w,542w,457w,381w,318w,270w,2
29w,217w,0w.And The Zone/Sys Heating Rate value is 0.
  Then problems come:
Problem 1:Why there is only Zone/Sys Cooling Rate during 1am to 7am?
And during 1am to 7am,the Zone/sys Air Temp values increase a little
sometimes,if the Zone/sys Air Temp increase,The Zone/sys Heating Rate
value must be positive?

Problem 2:Why the the Zone/Sys Heating value is so big?

Problem 3:Why the the Zone/Sys Heating and The Zone/Sys Cooling Rate
exist simultaneous and the values is so small?

Problem 4:Why there is only Zone/Sys Cooling Rate during the remainer
hours.And in front hours of the remain,the system is on its occpuied
period,but the Zone/Sys Heating Rate value is 0.Why?

  Thanks for all your kind help!
  pch

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> The Zone/Sys Heating/Cooling report variables are described in the
Input Output
> Reference, as are most report variables.  Search the docment for
the variable
> name to find a description.
>
> In this simulation, the thermostat has a setback schedule, so that
is why the
> zone temperatures are cool in the unoccupied period.  Also, during
winter, the
> system has been scheduled to run the fan around the clock.  The
minimum outside
> air schedules is set to 2% during unoccupied hours, so the system
always brings
> in some fresh air.  During the hours that you refer to that show
values for
> Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling, the system is cooling the space because
the mixed
> air is cooler than the zone air.  Remember that the zone/sys
heating/cooling
> variables indicate what the system delivered to the zone, not what
the coils
> are doing.
>
> Mike
>

> On 5 Nov 2004, at 3:09, hbn_pch wrote:
>

> > Dear all:
> >   I start a simulation of the example of 5ZoneEngChill.idf
attached
> > to the EnergyPlus.
> >   For analysis,I add a boiler parameter of Boiler Gas Consumption
> > Rate in the report parameter.I discover that there is only
Sensible
> > Cooling Rate values from 1am to the 7am.But at 8am there is only
> > Sensible Heating Rate values,and these values are very
big.Whereas,in