[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Window5 Data

Hello Linda,

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Linda Lawrie <linda@l...> wrote:
> ........ The Window5DataFile needs to be in the same
> folder that you will "execute" from.  Usually, this
> is where the EnergyPlus.exe file is.....

you are right and now it works, thank you. But there are several
misleading points, which urgently should be changed:

1) The InputOutputReference, Page 174, says clearly, that the file
has to be placed in the same folder, where the IDF-file is. This is
logical and also necessary, if you have different constructions with
the same name in different idf-files.

2) The error message I got was not helpful. E+ did not tell me, that
the file was not found, and where it was searched. I received the
following message:

> No match on WINDOW5 data file for Construction=DGLOWE, or error in
data file.

What the hell is this? Why does Energy+ not say: an error occured,
something is wrong? This would be even helpful.

Best regards
Eckehard