Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC water loop

1.  Yes, components may be in series on a branch.

2.  For complex plant loops, each subloop (supply side or demand side) has an
inlet branch (with one or more components in series), then a splitter with one
or more branches in parallel (each branch my have one or more componentes in
series), then a mixed and an exit branch.  Branches are never in series with
each other.  Branches are simulated in the order listed in the branch list, so
the order must be inlet branch, then prallel branches, then exit branch.  The
order of the prallel branches should not make any difference.

Mike

On 19 Jan 2005, at 12:41, ingdallolio wrote:

> All,
> Two questions :
> 1) Can I simulate with E+ a loop with two boilers (or a water heater
> and a boiler) in series ?
> 2) When I have (like in many of the example files) many single
> component branches connected in series, where does E+ actually see
> the order the branches are connected each other, does the order come
> from the branch list order ? in the branch list I might olso have
> parallel connected branches ( with splitter and mixer ), dose their
> position in the branch list counts ?
> Thanks for reading this.
> Andrea.

> http://www.energyplus.gov