Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] heat exchanger

Hi, Richard:

Thanks for your reply.  But I have more questions regarding heat recovery.

>From your introduction, in the simulation, the cooling energy will increase if using a
heat recovery unit, isn't it?
But in In a real situation, if cooling energy use will increase with heat recovery?

In my simuation, I found that the main cooling energy use happens when the outside
temperature below the lower limit for economizer. For example, when the economizer
process for outside air ranges 20C (high limit) and 4C (low limit), the cooling energy
use will increase when outside temperature ranges bwtween -10C and 4C in winer.

I am wondering if there is method to avoid the overheating of outside air by controlling
mixed node air temperature instead of heat recovery outlet node temperature?  I tried to
set the "set point manager" for mixed air temperature instead of heat recovery outlet
temp, but it seems to do not work very effective.  If is it because of the mixed node
temperature contol is next to the heat recovery outlet node and the program does not know
what ratio of return air will be mixed ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Zhen

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail