[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Guangzhou Weather Data (processed)

Dear Linda,
  I gain the weather data from the CD for Typical Meteorological
Database for Building in China.I also find the difference in wind
derection between the two weather format.I guess this problem can be
solved appropriate.

  At present,we are building a automatic weather station for
location.And then run the Energyplus for building simulation with the
weather data detected from the loacation weather station.The weather
station is small,so we can just gain the date of dry bulb
temperature,relative humidity,solar radiation,wind speed and wind
direction.Is it possible to produce .epw file with these values?

  thanks.
  pch

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda Lawrie <linda@l...>
wrote:
> Testing the custom converter for the Weather program.  I have
processed the
> file that was uploaded but it does not appear to be in quite the
same
> format as Zhang/Huang files I have seen elsewhere.  For one thing,
the
> encoding of wind direction in this version -- hard for the custom
format
> (which is a simple conversion) to handle.
>
> Uploaded for review by the person who uploaded the original data:
>
>    File        : /EPW Weather Data/CHN_Guangzhou_ZH.zip
>    Uploaded by : lklawrie <linda@l...>
>    Description : Processed data for Guangzhou China -- tentative
> processing.  (New custom format -- still being tested.)
>
> You can access the file at the URL:
20Weather%20Data/CHN_Guangzhou_ZH.zip