Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Guangzhou Weather Data (processed)

At 09:52 PM 2/5/2005, hbn_pch wrote:
>   At present,we are building a automatic weather station for
>location.And then run the Energyplus for building simulation with the
>weather data detected from the loacation weather station.The weather
>station is small,so we can just gain the date of dry bulb
>temperature,relative humidity,solar radiation,wind speed and wind
>direction.Is it possible to produce .epw file with these values?

Yes, that will work.  The "new" custom format option will allow you to read
in the data -- and will supply the missing parts.  It's harder to supply
solar so if you have solar direct and diffuse that would be good.

We are about to put up a set of Italian weather files  (60 or more) that
were processed with the new custom format reader and some of the
information (wind direction) is supplied "randomly".

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team