Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Interior Window ventilation

I am not sure that I understand the question.  Are you using COMIS openings?
If so, venting schedules apply to the zone receiving the ventilation.  So, the
exterior openings would be controlled by the vent schedule in the sunspace and
the interior openings would be controlled by the vent schedule in the interior
zone. However, I am not sure if COMIS can model vent controls on an interior
window.

If you are not using COMIS to model the ventilation flow, CROSS MIXING behaves
the same whether there is a window in the shared wall or not.  The basic window
surface object (Surface:HeatTransfer:Sub) only models conduction heat transfer
and solar gains; other objects must be specified to add airflow through a
window.

Mike

On 1 Mar 2005, at 12:10, ogocer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Mike,
> Thanks a lot for your interest. i want to ask you a question about window
> or doors between zones.
> In my simulation there was no openings on the common wall separetes simple
> zone and sunspace. But it is not practical. Because there is no visual or
> pyhsical connection between two zones. So in first step i choose not
> defining any openings on common wall.
> Question is:
> how can i define a different schedule for openings on common wall? for
> example for winter when ventilation schedule is "off" for outside openings
> i want a schedule "on" for interior opennings.Because in reality these
> openings are used for entering the other zone. is it possible to define
> any other schedule for that interior window/door?
> Thanks alot.
> O.Gocer

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: