Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Assisted Ventilation

1.  You cannot serve the same zone with two air loops.  You can have more than
one system serving a zone, but only one can be an AIR PRIMARY LOOP.  The other
equipment must be zone equipment (window AC, fan coil, etc.).

2.  Direct air has no capability to control, so it will delivered the specified
flow (unless the air loop supplying it cannot do so) at all times that it is
available.

3.  The presence of ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC for a given zone determines
whether there is a "zone load" that the HVAC equipment will try to meet, if it
can (but Direct Air cannot do so anyway).

4.  The dummy zone does not need a full set of surfaces, it just needs one.
You can use Surface:HeatTransfer:InternalMass if you wish.  Or use
Surface:HeatTransfer and make it adiabatic by setting the
OutsideFaceEnvironment to be itself.

Mike

On 3 Mar 2005, at 21:22, jms_dtz wrote:

> I'm using the direct Air object given to a dummy zone and then mixed
> with the zone I need to simulate adding a separate air supply for
> ventilation.  I also use a completely different air loop for supply
> the direct air.  Within the dummy zone I need to define walls, is
> there a way to make the walls non heat transfer surfaces or does the
> direct air object not care about satisfying zone conditions?  This
> question is regarding the same problem I posted earlier about 100%
> outside air systems.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links