Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] BESTEST and HVAC BESTEST

1.  The original BESTEST only tests the building envelope.  HVAC BESTEST does
not replace the original BESTEST, it adds to it with steady-state DX packaged
equipment tests.

2.  ASHRAE Std 140-2004 includes the initial set of HVAC BESTEST tests.

3.  Yes, there are other HVAC BESTEST tests, some of which have been run with
EnergyPlus.  These will be published as EnergyPlus testing reports sometime
after the initial IEA report has been published.  For more information
regarding the furnace BESTEST suite, see:

http://www.iea-shc.org/task22/deliverables.htm

For HVAC BESTEST E300 and up, I do not think a report has been published yet.

Mike

On 14 Mar 2005, at 17:27, Fábyo Luiz Pereira wrote:

>    I am studying the Bestest (IEA SHC Task 12) and HVAC Bestest (IEA SHC Task
> 22). I have seen the testing and validation documents in the E+ website and
> achieve this conclusion: E+ uses the cases 600-950FF of Bestest and the cases
> E100-E200 of HVAC Bestest. I know that the analyzed cases are completely
> different from one to other metod, and I want to know:
>
> - For IEA, The HVAC Bestest method replaces Bestest method?
> - ASHRAE thinks to create another version of Standard 140, now for HVAC
> Bestest?
> - Beyond cases E100-E200, there are other cases for HVAC Bestest? They will be
> tested in E+? Where can I find it?
>
>    That is all!

>  Engº Fábyo Luiz Pereira
>  UFRGS - Laboratório de Vapor e Refrigeração
>  Rua Sarmento Leite, 425 - Sala 203 - Centro - 90050-170
>  Fone / Fax: +55 51 3316-3167 / 3316-3355
>  www.mecanica.ufrgs.br/lafrig
>  Porto Alegre - RS - BRASIL
>

> Yahoo! Mail - Com 250MB de espaço. Abra sua conta! http://mail.yahoo.com.br/

> http://www.energyplus.gov