[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Elementary Question

I am in the process of modeling a building with many different wall types and heights.  Under the zone specification, the programs asks for a ceiling height.  Then under Surface Heat Transfer, the program asks for the vertices of the walls.

Does the height entered in for the wall vertices need to equal the ceiling height?  In one of the pamphlets it says it does, but that pamplet was more based on Blast and DOE-2.  It recommends to simply extend the length of the wall to get the proper area.  Doing this greatly distorts my building.

I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me.

Matt