Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] excessive heating and cooling

1)  This one is difficult.  I cannot think of a way to do exactly what is
described.  From an energy use perspective, I would expect a heating setpoint
of 21C to be a fairly good approximation.  You might be able to simulate this
by describing the fan coil unit as a full air loop with a heating and cooling
coil and using a set of system availability managers to turn the system on and
off, but I cannot say for sure if this will work.

2)  This one is easy.  Set the heating setpoint to 99C and cooling setpoint to
0C using the SINGLE HEATING/COOLING SETPOINT thermostat controls.  This way,
the thermostat will never be satisfied and heating or cooling will operate
continuously as requested.  Then use the control type schedule to control the
active mode (1=heating, 2=cooling, 0=none).  Note that these setpoints will not
work for autosizing.  If autosizing, use a "normal" thermostat control during
the summer and winter design days.

Mike

On 30 Mar 2005, at 17:26, hjunmoon wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to simulate situations using a Fan Coil Unit in a room.
> In this situation, there is no thermostat. Occupants will turn on or
> off the FCU not by a thermostat. Once the FCU is on, it provide
> heating or cooling until it is down.
>
> situation 1)
> user turns on the FCU at a specific indoor temperature and keep it on
> until the temperature is too high (say, turn it at 18C and off at 24C
> in winter). The FCU should provide heat or cooling until it reaches
> specified temperature, not like deadband control.
>
> situation 2)
> a manager turns on the FCU during specific time period, say 9 to 12.
> Heating mode or cooling mode is selected with seasons. It should show
> excessive heating or cooling for the room.
>
> Are these situations can be modelled in E+?
> Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
>
> Hyeun Moon

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links