[EnergyPlus_Support] Question on Building North and actual north.

Hi all,
This question is regarding the Building input. In the input field I see
there is one entry which says Field north axis to be specified. What is
meant by the field north axis? Suppose we have a building whose north wall
is at an angle of 30 degrees with horizontal (East-west). So the wall normal
would be at an angle of 30 degrees with actual North axis. Is this the angle
meant by field north axis? If that is actually the field angle, what is the
need for specifying the angle, when the vertices are specified in the
surface geometry (Assuming that the co-ordinates are fixed as East-west and
North south).

Thanks for clarification.

Shantanu