Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] shading surfaces

Arno Dentel <arno.dentel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.
I have a question on the I/O Manual page 144.
There is an example with an overhang and the proper vertices:
The specification for this overhang in the manual is:
(C,-B,D),(C,0,D),(C+A,0,D),(C+A,-B,D)
But the upper left corner is (C,0,D) and by the convention clockwise it
is:
(C,0,D) , (C+A,0,D) , (C+A,-B,D) , (C,-B,D)
Is this correct?
To determine the outward facing normal the shading surfaces are viewed
form the outside, or?
So in the case of figure 22, from the top.
How is the convention by shading vertical surfaces on a flat roof?

Thanks in advance.
Arno

hi ARNO my name is deepak i am doing my M.Tech in university school of design Mysore (India), i am presently doing my M>Tech project in TERI-the energy resource institute Delhi (India).

u r right it is wrong in the manual. they have taken upper left corner as the start point in world co-ordinate system but co-ordinates are from lower left corner, it is a mistake.

always try to see any surface from outside

eg- see the floor imagining that u ar lying under the floor and seeing the floor from below.

see the roof imagining that u are sleeping on the roof with ur eyes seeing the roof not the sky.

and then see which is the start point u have specified. otherwise u will get errors in 'azimuth angle errors' in err output file.

u should see ur shading device from top of it as i have mentioned u to see the roof.

bye take care