Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question on Building North and actual north.

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 10:03 AM 3/31/2005, Shantanu P wrote:
>This question is regarding the Building input. In the input field I see
>there is one entry which says Field north axis to be specified. What is

Page 9 of the Input Output reference describes the "Building North Axis"
and has a figure depicting same.

hi shantnu i am deepak from Delhi, working in TERI

i will tell u a simple method to solve this north problem. start modelling ur building in relative or world co-ordinate system. the angle of true north in component 'building' let it be 0 (zero). specify the angle of ur zone or building in group 'zone' keeping the true north which is zero as ur base line. remember one thing if u have specified as world co-ordinate system ur angles in group 'zone' will not work. dont worry, if u are comfortable in world co-ordinate system carry on but once u finish ur modelling just change the option to 'relative' no need of changing the co-ordinates. then u can see ur buiding rotated with ur north in the correct place.
all the best take care.

Let us know if you have further questions after looking at it.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team