RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Strange Sort of Error

1. In the idf file, to report for all zones:

  Report Variable,
    *,                       !- Key_Value
    Purchased Air Heating Energy,  !- Variable_Name
    hourly;                  !- Reporting_Frequency

Or for just a single zone (key value is the name of the purchased air object):

  Report Variable,
    ZONE NORTH AIR,                       !- Key_Value
    Purchased Air Heating Energy,  !- Variable_Name
    hourly;                  !- Reporting_Frequency

2. If you have an rvi file, then it must be listed there as well:

Purchased Air Heating Energy

OR

ZONE NORTH AIR,Purchased Air Heating Energy

3.  This is a report variable so it will be reported in the <filename>.csv
file, not the <filename>Meter.csv

4.  There are also meters for puchased heating and cooling which can report to
both the .csv and Meter.csv files, or just the meter file only:

  Report Meter,
    PurchasedHeating:Facility,  !- Meter_Name
    monthly;                 !- Reporting_Frequency

OR

  Report MeterFileOnly,
    PurchasedHeating:Facility,  !- Meter_Name
    monthly;                 !- Reporting_Frequency

5.  If the results still do not appear, be sure to check the .err output file
for warnings related to report variables and meters.  If you cannot figure it
out, please upload the input file to the yahoo files area.

Mike

On 20 Apr 2005, at 17:01, Ali_Ajmi wrote:

> Thanks Peter for your help. It is really was valuable advise. Peter I asked in
> the output file object to show every zone purchased heating and cooling using
> this ZONE NORTH AIR : Purchased Air Heating Energy field as written in the .rdd
> file but nothing shows in the out put meter file, any advise.
>
> Regards
> Ali
>
> "Ellis, Peter" <peter_ellis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Ali, I've looked at your file and have some recommendations for you. First of
> all, remove all of the DAYLIGHTING:ILLUMINANCE MAP objects from your file. (This
> will allow the DXF file, eplusout.dxf, to be generated. I don't know why that
> error message is preventing the DXF from being generated.) Now look closely at
> you DXF file using Volo View or something similar. You'll see that most of your
> daylighting reference points (the red and blue circles) are not in their correct
> zones. They are, in fact, outside of the building. This is the first thing you
> must fix before you can get the maps to work.
>
> The reason the reference points are misplaced is because you are trying to use
> world coordinates instead of zone coordinates. All daylighting reference point
> coordinates (and also illuminance map coordinates) must use zone coordinates. In
> zone coordinates, everything is relative to the zone origin, which is defined in
> the ZONE object. This means that you should never have daylighting coordinates
> less than zero, or else they will be outside the zone. A Relative North Axis
> other than zero further complicates things.
>
> Once you get the daylighting reference points in the right places you should
> have a better understanding of how the illuminance map coordinates should be
> setup. However, since your "X minimum coordinate" and "Y minimum coordinate" are
> still less than 0.15, you run the risk of getting the same error message if
> there is a window in the walls on those sides. Try 0.2 instead to be safe.
>
> When you temporarily remove the DAYLIGHTING:ILLUMINANCE MAP objects as I suggest
> above, you'll see that you have some new errors with your zone equipment. You'll
> have to solve those errors separately.
>

> Peter Ellis
> NREL

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.