Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Relationship between G-C and Conductivity

>From the DOE-2.1 Reference Manual, p. III.49:

  GLASS-CONDUCTANCE is used to specify the heat conductance of the total window
  except for the outside film coefficient.

This keyword is part of the GLASS-TYPE command which describes a complete
window construction which may be made of 1 or more panes (layers) of glass.

In EnergyPlus, MATERIAL:WINDWOGLASS describes a single layer (pane) of glass.
The Conductivity of this layer is just the conductivity of the glass and does
not include interior or exterior film (convection) coefficients.

For a single-pane window, EnergyPlus-MATERIAL:WINDWOGLASS-Conductivity would be
equal to the equivalent DOE-2.1E-GLASS-CONDUCTANCE minus the inside film
coefficient.

For multi-pane windows, the DOE-2.1E value is the conductance of all glass
panes and all air gaps combined, so it is very different from the EnergyPlus
Conductivity.

Mike

On 11 May 2005, at 2:30, beyangj wrote:

> Dear,
> I want to know what's the relationship between the Glass-Conductance in
> the DOE2.1E INP file and the Conductivity {W/m-K} in the
> MATERIAL:WINDOWGLASS in the IDF file of Energyplus. Could you tell me
> the relationship between them?
>
> Best,
>
> Stewart

> http://www.energyplus.gov