[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: About the WindAC

Dear Don,
Thank you very much for your reply. I have looked at the example
file FurnaceWithDXSystem.idf. It can be used for residential
heating/cooling,but it involves an air distribution system. The air
distribution system is not common in Hong Kong, how can I model
residential cooling/heating with electric heating coil without an
air distribution system?

Best,

Stewart

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"
<shirey@f...> wrote:
> Stewart:
>
> As you have found, the window air conditioner object can only
provide
> cooling, not heating.  If you look at the WindACAuto.idf example
file,
> you see that baseboard heating is used along with the window air
> conditioner in this particular example file.
>
> A packaged terminal heat pump object will be added in a future
version
> (Fall 2005 or Spring 2006) which will allow both cooling and
heating.

> In the meantime, I suggest that you look at the example file
> FurnaceWithDXSystem.idf.  You can use a FURNACE:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL
> object in a air loop to model cooling with the
> COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical and you can specify
> COIL:ELECTRIC:HEATING for heating.
>
> Don
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "beyangj" <beyangj@h...>
> wrote:
> > Dear,
> > I'm doing a simulation for a residential building. The window
air
> > conditioner model in EnergyPlus is "cooling only",  but there
need
> > heating in the winter in my model, so I chose the
> > COIL:ELECTRIC:HEATING for heating, and the
> > COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical is followed by the
> > COIL:ELECTRIC:HEATING.
> > When I set the items as follow,
> >
> > NODE LIST,
> >     GAB1Inlets,              !- Node List Name
> >     GAB1 Heating Coil Outlet Node; !- Node_ID_1
> >
> > NODE LIST,
> >     GAB1Exhausts,            !- Node List Name
> >     GAB1WindACAirInletNode;  !- Node_ID_1
> >
> > COIL:Electric:Heating,
> >     GAB1 Heating Coil,       !- Coil Name
> >     HEAT-SCHED-B1,           !- Available Schedule
> >     1,                       !- Efficiency of the Coil
> >     autosize,                !- Nominal Capacity of the Coil {W}
> >     GAB1WindACAirOutletNode, !- Coil_Air_Inlet_Node
> >     GAB1 Heating Coil Outlet Node;  !- Coil_Air_Outlet_Node
> >
> > COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical,
> >     GAB1WindACDXCoil,        !- Coil Name
> >     System Available Schedule-B1,  !- Availability Schedule
> >     autosize,                !- Rated Total Cooling Capacity
> (gross)
> > {W}
> >     autosize,                !- Rated SHR
> >     3.0,                     !- Rated COP
> >     autosize,                !- Rated Air Volume Flow Rate {m3/s}
> >     GAB1WindACFanOutletNode, !- Coil Air Inlet Node
> >     GAB1WindACAirOutletNode, !- Coil Air Outlet Node
> >     WindACCoolCapFT,         !- Total Cooling Capacity Modifier
> Curve
> > (function of temperature)
> >     WindACCoolCapFFF,        !- Total Cooling Capacity Modifier
> Curve
> > (function of flow fraction)
> >     WindACEIRFT,             !- Energy Input Ratio Modifier
Curve
> > (function of temperature)
> >     WindACEIRFFF,            !- Energy Input Ratio Modifier
Curve
> > (function of flow fraction)
> >     WindACPLFFPLR,           !- Part Load Fraction Correlation
> > (function of part load ratio)
> >     CycFanCycComp;           !- Supply Air Fan Operation Mode
> >
> > AIR CONDITIONER:WINDOW:CYCLING,
> >     GAB1WindAC,              !- name of window AC unit
> >     System Available Schedule-B1,  !- availability schedule
> >     autosize,                !- maximum air flow rate {m3/s}
> >     autosize,                !- maximum outside air flow rate
{m3/s}
> >     GAB1WindACAirInletNode,  !- air inlet node
> >     GAB1WindACAirOutletNode, !- air outlet node
> >     GAB1WindACOAInNode,      !- outside air node
> >     GAB1WindACExhNode,       !- air relief node
> >     GAB1WindACOAMixer,       !- outside air mixer name
> >     GAB1WindACFan,           !- fan name
> >     GAB1WindACDXCoil,        !- DX cooling coil name
> >     CycFanCycComp,           !- operation mode
> >     blow through,            !- fan placement
> >     0.001,                   !- Cooling Convergence Tolerance
> >     COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical;  !- Cooling coil type
> >
> > there were such error messages as follow in the ERR file after
> > running the IDF file,
> >
> >    ** Severe  ** Error in Node="GAB1 HEATING COIL OUTLET NODE",
> > ZoneInlet node did not find an outlet node.
> >    **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP
> > CONFIGURATION, Name=GAB1
> >    ************* No node connection errors were found.
> >    ** Warning ** The following lines are "Orphan Objects".
These