[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Questions about EnergyPlus

Dear Allen

       In fact, I only set up a simple building with one story right
now. But I see some idf files in the File folder of the group, which
have a more complicated building description. They are multi-story.
You can search in the File Folder. I just can not remeber the name.
It start with M.

                                                charlie

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bing Dong
<allen_dongenergy@y...> wrote:
> Dear Charlie,
>
> Thank you for your information.
>
> Using IDF editor only to set up a 20 storey building is a very
time consuming work. I search on the EnergyPlus website and i find
that only a thridy party software called DesignBuilder is available
for free use.

> In addition, it seems IDF can only edit one story building. Do you
how to achieve several stroies?

> Thank you again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Allen
>
> applezealot <applezealot@y...> wrote:
> Dear Allen
>
>     As fas as I know, there are some third-party software which
can
> be used for the setup of buildings. But I am using the IDF editor
> input the construction of the building right now. I have no idea
> whether the IFC to IDF converter will be helpful.
>     Based on my experience with the software, I know how to
> calculate the annual heating and cooling load of the building
> without HVAC system, or let the zone temperture float without any
> air conditioning. But the natural ventilation part, I really do
not
> know much.
>     Wish this would help you
>
>                                                        charlie
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bing Dong
> <allen_dongenergy@y...> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am a beginner in EnergyPlus. I have several questions below. I
> hope some helps from you experts. Thank you.
> >
> > Can EnergyPlus set up the building model directly or a thirty
> party support tool has to be used? I know that now there is a
> converter called IFCtoIDF, which is a utility for importing
building
> geometry from commercial CAD tools into EnergyPlus. However, it is
> easier to setup the model in EnergyPlus directly.
> >

> > Another question is that can EnergyPlus do naturally ventilated
> building without HVAC system?
> >
> > Thank you very much
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >

> > Allen
> >

> >  Yahoo! Mobile
> > - Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.