Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EIR Chiller Performance Curve Fitting

Dear Samlee,

I am a PhD student at HKU and trying to optimise double-skin facades for HK
climate. I am trying to use E+ but at the moment I am focusing on TRNSYS. I am
simulating an airflow window and I know that one of your offices (Shatin
Governmental Offices) have such an airflow window installed. Did you also
simulate this building? Did you simulate it in E+? Do you have also measured
data to compare? I would like to exchange results for verification...

Best regards
Matthias Haase

Quoting wing sun lee <samwslee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

 Hi,

 Ok, but I type Chinese Word very slowly and I worry about that I can see the
 simplified words in my computer. May be you can try it!

 I live in Hong Kong and work at Government Department, so I have chance to use
 EnergyPlus to simulate various Government property in Hong Kong. Since I have
 successfully simulate two nos of the Government Buildings, those simulation
 results can reflect the actual energy use.

 If you have any problem, please don't hesitate to discuss with me.

 **Which university you study?

 SAMLEE

 applezealot <applezealot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> »¡¡G
 Dear Sam
      Thank you very much for your help. And nice meeting you through
 the internet. I am a graduate student in shanghai studying E+ for
 about 4 months. Are you a chinese too? Maybe we speak our lanaguage
 to discuss the issues about the software.
      Is that OK for you?

                                                  charlie

 --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wing sun lee
 <samwslee@y...> wrote:
 > Hi Charlie,
 >
 > As compare between predicted simulation result and the actual
 energy use, the error is within 5%. So it is realistic.

 > SAMLEE
 >
 > applezealot <applezealot@y...> »¡¡G
 > Hi Sam
 >    I gott you. But I am not sure that the third curve you defined
 is
 > able to simulate the chiller performance. Since you have done some
 > work on the chiller module, does the results show the correctness?
 >    Thank you very much for your help
 >
 >                                                     charlie
 >
 > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wing sun lee
 > <samwslee@y...> wrote:
 > > Hi Charlie,
 > >
 > > As you know 1) the PRL is equal to the rated cooling load divided
 > by the available cooling load. e.g. from the manufacture, tha
 > standard rating for the specific leaving chilled water temperature
 > (6.7oC) and the entering air temperature (35oC).
 > > 2) the value ChillerEIRFPLR (Y) is EIRavailable / (EIRdesign x
 > PRL).  You can refer to the EngineeringDoc P.338.
 > >
 > > SAMLEE
 > >
 > > applezealot <applezealot@y...> »¡¡G
 > > Dear sam
 > >
 > >       I check your excel file. I have some question about your
 > > calculation:
 > >   1. You used (Qr/Qa) as PLR and (Pa/Pr) as EIR output ratio for
 > the
 > > third.I get confused about these settings. Could you please tell
 > me
 > > why you choose these parameters? P.S. Pa,Pr,Qa,Qr are power
 > > available, power rated, capacity available and capacity rated.
 > >   2. And I look into the curve fitting results in sheet1 of your
 > > file. Is it related to our discussion?  I can not understand the
 > > purpose of this sheet. Please explain it for me.
 > >
 > >        Thank you in advance
 > >                                                     charlie
 > >
 > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wing sun lee
 > > <samwslee@y...> wrote:
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > Please go here

 > > tals/Input Problem/Fit curve biquadratic d.xls
 > > >
 > > > It seems to be corrected and solved
 > > >
 > > > SAMLEE
 > > >

 > > > donbshireyiii <shirey@f...> ¼¶¼g:
 > > > Charlie and SAMLEE,
 > > >
 > > > In the spreadsheet you are using, it looks like EIR as a
 function
 > > > of PLR is not being properly calculated.
 > > >
 > > > The spreadsheet seems to be using available capacity at the
 > current
 > > > operating conditions divided by the design (rated) capacity of
 > the
 > > > chiller.  This is not correct.... is should be just as the
 > > > input/output reference says... PLR = (cooling load) divided by
 > > > (available capacity at the current operating conditions).
 > > >
 > > > Don
 > > >
 > > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wing sun lee

 > of
 > > > cooling load to the available capacity.