Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Comfort calculation (PMV)

I am not familiar with WinComf, so I do not know how the inputs relate to each
other.  For EnergyPlus if the activity level remains the same and work
efficiency is increased, then thermal comfort should decrease, because more of
the total energy (activity level) becomes effective work rather than heat
inside the person.

On 27 May 2005, at 9:38, abeltablada wrote:

> Dear all,
> I sent this message last week and I need a reply to take a decision
> and continuing my PhD research. I apologise for my insistence,
> thank you very much again, Abel.
>
> Posted on May 20th.
> > Thank you very much Linda, Brent and Fabyo for your quick reply.
> > I'm using the last version 1.2.2 030. I changed the values
> > of "Fraction radiant" and "Work efficiency schedule". With 6%
> (0.06) of work efficiency corresponding with mechanic work (M=100
> W/m2)the PMV values are even higher (average PMV=2.85)in comparison
> with the values given by WinConf software (average PMV=1.40).
> > Besides, with air temperatures and MRT higher than around 32ºC,
> the
> > increase of mechanical work results in lower PMV. That means that
> > with MRT=32ºC and Ta=35ºC the PMV=4.67 when M=60 W/m2 and
> PMV=4.43
> > when M=100 W/m2. This problem was found in both EnergyPlus and
> > WinConf software. Did you hear about this "problem" before or still
> > it is possible I'm entering wrong values?
> > Apart from that I have been looking without success at clo values
> of
> > a mattress and a cotton sheet to evaluate comfort during the night
> > in the warm and humid conditions of Havana. If you could give me
> any
> > source where I can find those values I will appreciate it very much.
> > Abel

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links