Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] 100% outside air not fulfilled

The example file TermRhGenericOAHeatRecMinExh.idf is very similar to the
configuration shown below. Please review this example file for
assistance configuring the air loop.

massimiliano_scarpa wrote:

> Good morning to You All.
> After a long time, I'm coming back to EPlus.
> I'm beginning with an easy system.
> I've just uploaded the file "Vigonza_Tutta aria con OA e HR.zip"
>
> This system consists in:
> 1) An air loop composed by:
>       HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:FLAT PLATE
>       OUTSIDE AIR MIXER
>       FAN:SIMPLE:VariableVolume
>       COIL:Water:Cooling
>       COIL:Water:SimpleHeating
>       Direct Air
>       Zone 0_Serv
> 2) Hot water plant loop composed by:
>       PURCHASED:HOT WATER
>       COIL:Water:SimpleHeating
> 3) Chilled water plant loop composed by:
>       PURCHASED:CHILLED WATER
>       COIL:Water:Cooling
>
> I'm beginning applying the system to one zone.
> I'm going to feed the air loop with 100% outside air.
> The only problem with this system is that the air loop never
> receives outside air. I tried many ways, but the result is always
> the same: the outside air flow rate is 0 m3/s, even if the minimum
> outside air flow rate (in CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR) is equal to the
> maximum outside air flow rate.
> For the mixed air set point (Node AL_FVV_IN), I used a SETPOINT
> MANAGER:SCHEDULED with the fixed temperature -15°C. In the previous
> attempts I used different SetPoint Manager, but they gave the same
> result. As a matter of fact, they should not modify the situation,
> since the minimum outside air flow rate and the maximum one are
> equal.
> I will be grateful to anybody will be able to help me.
> Thank You in advance
>
> Best regards
>
> Massimiliano

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years