[EnergyPlus_Support] Adjacent buildings and CAD files.

Mike:

Thank very much you for your explanation.

First let me introduce myself: I have a BS degree in Mechanical
Engineering and I live in Lisbon, Portugal's capital city. I design
small HVAC facilities. Up to now I have used only Direct Expansion
systems, but I want to use Water-air and all-Air systems (both VAV
and CAV). I would like to base my decisions after a carefully load
estimation and energy analisys.

I understand that this group is primarily for e+ users, and I just a
rookie in the business. However, the general questions I post will
help me a lot understanding the "broader picture".

?	After zoning the site, if one is not sure about wich system
to aplly, is it possible to run e+ just to calcule only the building
thermal loads for each zone in the first place (with no HVACsystem
defined), then chose the systems to use, and rerun the input file
again?
?	The e+ takes in account the shadows created by adjacent
buildings and structures? (it's an issue I haven't seen yet in the
discussions I found).
.        As far is I know, there is a way to import CAD drawings of
the site in a special format, in order to speed up the process of
input file filling. When we do that , besides the building geometry,
the wall U values, and doors and windows characteristics (if they
are incorporated in the cad file)are also incorporated in the input
file?

Thanks in advance,

Vítor