Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] the material input data

hi, I am deepak here
Emmisivity is only the thermal emissivity in energyplus. Thermal absorptance what u find is energy plus is same as thermal emmisisvity or emmisivity. basic principle is that what ever the material absorps it has to emmit it back to the ambient atmosphere or to interiors and it is always equal to what is absorps. Emitting may be in any three ways of heat transfer, which depends on many other factors to decide which type is more happening.

If u have only emissivity that is just thermal emissivity because visible and solar is not expressed in terms of emisivity it will always be in terms of reflectance or absorptance of visible  spectrum and solar spectrum respectively. actually speaking visible spectrum is a part of the solar spectrum so be careful dont try to derive one another by simple subtraction and addition.

If u dont know to oprn a material database file it is here
C drive/Energyplus/Datasets/Materials

all the best
energypluser <energypluser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all

where can I find the input data on the absorptance for thermal
materials ?
What is the relationship in the thermal ,solar and visible absorptance?
If I just have the emissivity of the materials, how can I get the three
absorptance based on the parameter?
Thank you in advance

Charlie