[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: the material input data

Dear deepak

Thank you for your reply.
I looked the folder which includes the material idf.
And I found that all the material share the same value of thermal
absorptance. Only the solar and visible absorptance differ from one
other.But the solar absorptance equals to the visible absorptance.
When I search the material description part of ASHREA Handbook, the
thermal Emittance is the only available parameter. Do you know where
I can find a handbook that is focus on the thermal properties of
building materials?
Or how to calculate the absorptance ?
Thank you in advance

Charlie

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "deepak kumar.c"
<cdeepak_19@y...> wrote:

> hi, I am deepak here
> Emmisivity is only the thermal emissivity in energyplus. Thermal
absorptance what u find is energy plus is same as thermal
emmisisvity or emmisivity. basic principle is that what ever the
material absorps it has to emmit it back to the ambient atmosphere
or to interiors and it is always equal to what is absorps. Emitting
may be in any three ways of heat transfer, which depends on many
other factors to decide which type is more happening.

> If u have only emissivity that is just thermal emissivity because
visible and solar is not expressed in terms of emisivity it will
always be in terms of reflectance or absorptance of visible
spectrum and solar spectrum respectively. actually speaking visible
spectrum is a part of the solar spectrum so be careful dont try to
derive one another by simple subtraction and addition.

> If u dont know to oprn a material database file it is here
> C drive/Energyplus/Datasets/Materials
>
> all the best
> energypluser <energypluser@y...> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> where can I find the input data on the absorptance for thermal
> materials ?
> What is the relationship in the thermal ,solar and visible
absorptance?
> If I just have the emissivity of the materials, how can I get the
three
> absorptance based on the parameter?
> Thank you in advance
>
> Charlie

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Service.