[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus tools

Hello!

I'm a new Energy Plus user and I've some problem to understand what is the
best way to use the program..

In the main web site there are a lot of interfaces that allow to manage the
whole simulation (create input file and visualize the outpus) or to only
edit the IDF file, but I don't understand if using the tools I can access to
all the functionality of Energy Plus.

I think that the best way could be to use the IDF editor, but:

a) I don't find any tutorial;
b) I would input the geometry from a dxf file generated by autocad or
another GUI tool.

Can someone explain me what is the best way to use the tools for a new user?

Thank's everybody

Eng. Maurizio Sorce

DREAM Department of Energy and Environmental Research
University of Palermo

Viale delle Scienze, Building 9
I-90128 Palermo, Italy (EU)

mauriziosorce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx