Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] QUESTION ON AIR COOLED CONDENSER INLET TEMPERATURE

Why is your chiller operating on such a cold day?

Air-cooled chillers should not be used in cold climates without freeze
protection. Energyplus does not currently support freeze protection on
electric chillers. If you want to continue to use the air-cooled
electric EIR chiller, limit the minimum outdoor temperature in the
Cooling Capacity Function of Temperature Curve and Energy Input to
Cooling Output Ratio Function of Temperature Curve objects to 0C and
verify that the output makes sense (i.e. Capacity and Power at this low
temperature is reasonable). Limiting the minimum outdoor temperature
"caps" the capacity and power at 0C and simulates the use of heaters to
maintain chiller performance. This heater power will not be accounted
for in the simulation. If the output makes sense you can disregard the
warnings. Otherwise change to a water cooled chiller where the entering
condenser water temperature can be better controlled.

zhaicq98 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am simulating a system with an air-cooled electric chiller. However I
> got lots of warning messages, saying:
>
> ElectricEIRChillerModel:Air Cooled Condenser Inlet Temperature below 0C
>
> What should I to with regard to these warnings? I am using the chiller
> in a relatively cold climate.
>
> Thanks,
> Chaoqin

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> Scheduling program software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scheduling+program+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=22tSUUIr5-y7NpdZEjRKyA>
> 	Construction software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Construction+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=jiIsH46YluTFGHTIjOuzOw>
> 	Payroll software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Payroll+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=bpandTL_9PlIAsB2jxqmFQ>
>
> Accounting software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Accounting+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=l_rKIv6738s-oIrC1oXsng>
> 	Affiliate program software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Affiliate+program+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=HsTX1ptWm-Hsew69JVLPdw>
> 	Program management software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Program+management+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=LhdBC2v67EnHO-xmRhW6Uw>

>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years