[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: QUESTION ON AIR COOLED CONDENSER INLET TEMPERATURE

Hi, Richard,

Thanks for your response. Actually I am not really operating the
chiller in cold days. Right now I am just running the file for winter
and summer design days, in order to get the auto-sizing information.
I am hoping there is be no such warning when I do the entire year
simulation.

Thanks again,
Chaoqin

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@F...> wrote:
> Why is your chiller operating on such a cold day?
>
> Air-cooled chillers should not be used in cold climates without
freeze
> protection. Energyplus does not currently support freeze protection
on
> electric chillers. If you want to continue to use the air-cooled
> electric EIR chiller, limit the minimum outdoor temperature in the
> Cooling Capacity Function of Temperature Curve and Energy Input to
> Cooling Output Ratio Function of Temperature Curve objects to 0C
and
> verify that the output makes sense (i.e. Capacity and Power at this
low
> temperature is reasonable). Limiting the minimum outdoor
temperature
> "caps" the capacity and power at 0C and simulates the use of
heaters to
> maintain chiller performance. This heater power will not be
accounted
> for in the simulation. If the output makes sense you can disregard
the
> warnings. Otherwise change to a water cooled chiller where the
entering
> condenser water temperature can be better controlled.
>
> zhaicq98 wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am simulating a system with an air-cooled electric chiller.
However I
> > got lots of warning messages, saying:
> >
> > ElectricEIRChillerModel:Air Cooled Condenser Inlet Temperature
below 0C

> > What should I to with regard to these warnings? I am using the
chiller
> > in a relatively cold climate.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chaoqin

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> > Scheduling program software
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Scheduling+program+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=C
onstruction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting
+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+
software&c=6&s=196&.sig=22tSUUIr5-y7NpdZEjRKyA>
> > 	Construction software program
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Construction+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2
=Construction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounti
ng+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+managemen
t+software&c=6&s=196&.sig=jiIsH46YluTFGHTIjOuzOw>
> > 	Payroll software program
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Payroll+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Cons
truction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+so
ftware+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+sof
tware&c=6&s=196&.sig=bpandTL_9PlIAsB2jxqmFQ>

> > Accounting software program
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Accounting+software+program&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=C
onstruction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting
+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+
software&c=6&s=196&.sig=l_rKIv6738s-oIrC1oXsng>
> > 	Affiliate program software
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Affiliate+program+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=Co
nstruction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting+
software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+s
oftware&c=6&s=196&.sig=HsTX1ptWm-Hsew69JVLPdw>
> > 	Program management software
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Program+management+software&w1=Scheduling+program+software&w2=C
onstruction+software+program&w3=Payroll+software+program&w4=Accounting
+software+program&w5=Affiliate+program+software&w6=Program+management+
software&c=6&s=196&.sig=LhdBC2v67EnHO-xmRhW6Uw>

subject=Unsubscribe>