RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: zoning without walls

Brent

Now that the HVAC system doesn't not consider the geometric details
of the thermal zone, can I specify the input data of the terminals
in each ficitional zone by atuosizing?
[Griffith, Brent]
Yes.  But the zones aren't any more "fictional" than completely closed zones. They are an important part of the model.  Thermal zones are a very real thing in designing HVAC distribution and control systems, even in an open floor plan.

If I want to output the cooling&heating demand of each zone for
comparision, how can I get the specified data for each zone?

[Griffith, Brent]
EnergyPlus has many report variables that are available for each zone.  Check the .rdd file (one of the outputs from running EnergyPlus) for a listing of available report variables.

 The
terminal's outuput would be unknown because the HVAC system in E+
can not be implemented in fixed location.
Thank you in advance
[Griffith, Brent]
I guess you are worried about the terminal units actually having an affect on the neighboring zones in the open plan.  This is why you want to add a pair of "Mixing" objects.  Remember that E+ is a simplified engineering model.  If you really need to model indoor air distibution in detail then you would have to go with CFD.

charlie