[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: question about outside air system plus unit ventilator

Mike,

I am trying to set up the air loop for this system, in the way you
suggested. However, as I read from the E+ reference, the induction
unit in E+ does not work as I expected. The centrally conditioned air
does not go through the heating and cooling coil in the space, only
the induced space air does. In the system I am trying to simulate,
the mixed air go through the heating and cooling coil. I am wondering
if you can give me any further suggestion.

Thanks,
Chaoqin

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> (Sorry this was not answered sooner.)
>
> There is not a way to connect pretreated air to the unit
ventilator, because
> the unit ventilator forces outside conditions on the outside air
node.  The
> system you describe is similar to the SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:4
PIPE INDUC
> system, except SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:4 PIPE INDUC does not allow
for a zone
> fan.  SINGLE DUCT:SERIES PIU:REHEAT has a zone fan, but it only has
reheat, no
> zone cooling coil.  If I am understanding the system correctly, I
would suggest
> using SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:4 PIPE INDUC and adding the zone fan
power
> either as additional fan power on the central unit or as an
ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT
> object in each zone.
>
> Mike
>

> On 8 Jul 2005, at 20:46, zhaicq98 wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on a system which was designed for lab space. There
are
> > a heating coil, cooling coil, and supply fan and exhaust fan in
the
> > main air handling unit (AHU). In each lab space, there is a unit
> > ventilator, which includes a cooling coil, heating coil and a
fan.

> > The pre-treated outside air from the main AHU is delivered to
each
> > lab space, where it gets mixed with the re-circulated air in that
> > lab. The mixed air is then drawn through the unit ventilator,
where
> > it gets further cooled/heated. The exhaust air is drawn through
the
> > lab hood to the main AHU, where it is exhausted.
> >
> > I encountered some problems when I tried to simulate this system
in
> > E+. It seems to me that the unit ventilator in E+ will do the
job.
> > But I do not know how to connect the pre-treated outside air to
the
> > unit ventilator and how to get the air exhausted from the lab
hood.

> > Your help is really appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chaoqin

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder
> > in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> EnergyPlus-Support@g...

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>