Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Purchase Air problem 2

On 29 Jul 2005, at 17:45, wah wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> I would like to refer to an example day, 7th Jan.
>
> For LVG zone, the Heating Thermostat is set to 20C (Control Type 1) during hours
> 9-11, 13, 14, 19-23. However, the LVG MAT does not show 20C except for hours 22
> and 23 (19C, 21C, 24C, 34C, 36C, 25C, 23C, 22C). Even the supply air temperature
> (Node2)  does not show the purchase air supply air temperature, which was set to
> 40C. For the same day, ADJ zone MAT meets all set point temperature, and the
> supply air temperature also shows the expected value, 50C.

Control Type 1 = Single Heating Setpoint.  The zone temperatures are above the
heating setpoint, so there is no need for the system to come on.  The Purchased
Air system is not causing the zone to overheat, the combination of internal
loads and environment loads are making the zone warm with no HVAC heating or
cooling.

If you want the system to automatically switch between heating and cooling as
needed, then use Control Type 4 = Dual Setpoint with Deadband at all times.

Mike