[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Pump error

Hi Mike

I have uploaded my idf file to the problem submittals, named as 2
pipe fan coil. Can you check it for me to find out the reason why
the flow rate of my pump is sized to zero?
Thank you in advance

charlie

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> The errors state that the autosized flow rate for this pump is
zero.  Review
> the sizing results in the eio output file and work back up the
system to
> determine what components on the chilled water side have been
sized to zero
> flow and this may help identify the problem.
>
> Mike
>

> On 2 Aug 2005, at 23:56, energypluser wrote:
>
> > Hi Sankar
> >
> > My pump is in the inlet branch of my supply splitter.It is not
in
> > one of the paralle branches between splitter and mixer. And the
> > warning message about the pump is what I have posted in my
previous
> > question.
> > Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?
> > Thank you in advance
> >
> > charlie
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Padhmanabhan,
Sankar"
> > <sankar.padhmanabhan@o...> wrote:
> > > Hi Charlie,
> > > When you say you set up a pump between supply mixer and
splitter,
> > did you mean that the pump was in one of the parallel branches
> > between splitter and mixer. Currently E+ cannot model such
systems
> > and the pump always has to be the first component of the first
> > branch of the supply side (Demand Side cannot have a pump). Now
are
> > you sure that the errors that you mentioned were the only errors
> > that came out and did not tell any thing about placement of pump?
> > >
> > > Sankar
> > >
> > > S.K.Padhmanabhan
> > > Research Associate
> > > Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
> > > Oklahoma State University,
> > > Stillwater, OK - 74075
> > > Ph: (405)744-1038

Efficiency=0.00E+000%
> > > which
> > > is less than 50%, for pump=CW CIRC PUMP
> > >    **   ~~~   ** Calculated Pump_Efficiency %
=Total_Efficiency %
> > > [0.0E+000] / Motor_Efficiency % [90.0]
> > >    **   ~~~   ** Total_Efficiency % =(Rated_Volume_Flow_Rate
> > > [0.0E+000]
> > > * Rated_Pump_Head [179352.0] / Rated_Power_Use [300000.0]) *
100.
> > >    ** Warning ** Check input. Pump nominal volumetric flow
rate is
> > > set
> > > or calculated = 0, for pump=CW CIRC PUMP
> > > How can I fix it ?
> > > Thank you in advance
> > >
> > > charlie
> > >

> > > The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> > > http://www.energyplus.gov
> > >
> > > The group web site is:
> > >
> > > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder
> > in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>