Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] big zones - voids?

Clarice,

If you leave out the walls the will be no heat exchange between the
zones. You could try using MIXING or
CROSS MIXING but I doubt the result would be very satisfactory for "air
walls". People generally model
this situation with low resistance walls.

Fred Buhl

Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:

>Hi Linda,
>
>Thanks a lot for the answer.
>In case I choose to leave out the walls and run a free float simulation, will E+ account for heat exchange between the 2 zones? Do I need to specify sth that simulate mass flow from one zone to the other?
>
>Once again thanks for the help
>
>Best regards,
>
>Clarice
>

>Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>Yesterday's response to similar question:
>

>>You may model with a ficticious material (maybe r only) or leave out
>>those "walls" and just use floor and ceiling in interior zones.  You
>>will get a warning that your zone does not have 6 surfaces/enclosure
>>though (if you leave out the interior walls).  You also can just use
>>constructions with R values for those
>>interior walls.  Something appropriate but small R value.
>>

>At 12:17 PM 8/8/2005, Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:
>

>>I would like to know if there is a way to model a void between 2 zones in E+.
>>How does it account for the heat exchange between the zones that are
>>separated by voids (no heat transfer surfaces - only air) ?
>>

>If the zones are all conditioned at the same temperature, basically
>there is no "heat exchange" between zones.  One should account for
>the thermal interior mass (e.g. furniture, partitions, etc) by
>including internal mass objects.
>

>Linda
>
>EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
>Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
>Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

>Scheduling program software Construction software program Payroll software program Affiliate program software Program management software

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>