Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] big zones - voids?

Also, understand that there is no long-wave radiant exchange between surfaces
in different zones.  So, even though in a real building the walls in one zone
would "see" walls in another across the imaginary divide between zones (the
"void"), in the simulation, this will not happen.

The distribution of solar loads is another consideration as well.  If a
significant amount of incoming solar enters one zone and passes through the
"void" to an adjacent zone, then you may need an interior window on the
dividing wall.  Otherwise, all of the solar gains remain in the zone containing
the exterior windows.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support