[EnergyPlus_Support] Frame Effects

Dear All,

I am looking over the calculation procedure for the glazing heat balance
equation and in the Engineering Manual it shows the calcutions.  One value that
I am very interesting in is the "Ratio of Frame-Edge Glass Conductance" which
is an input into EnergyPlus used to quantify the edge effects.  According to
the Engineering Manual, this values is used in conjunction with an edge area.
To calculate this value required a frame edge distance.  Ashrae fundamental
suggests a common value for this glazing is 65 mm from the frame.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find what the standard value EnergyPlus
uses to calculate this ratio, because apparently it is not an input to the
code.  Is this the value the EnergyPlus uses?  If not, what value or how does
it calculated or if I have missed somewhere in the EnergyPlus literature, what
is the value?

Many thanks,
Peter

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>