Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Windows Algorithms

Peter,

I don't think the answer to that question is known, if by "the same" you
mean identical. Fred Winkelman
based the EnergyPlus calculations on Window 5; his terminology is
"adapted". This work was done in
the 1999 - 2000 time period, so it would be based on what was available
then. BTW, the Window 5
developers don't read this list. At some point you may need to make
contact with them. Given the level of
detail of your questions you may also need to start looking at the
source code of both programs.

Fred Buhl

Peter G. Loutzenhiser wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>Are the algorithms found in the EnergyPlus' wavelength dependant formulation of
>angular dependant optical properties the same as those for Windows 5.2 coupled
>with Optics wavelength inputs for coated glass?  I did a search in the manuel
>and couldn't find (does not mean it's not there) an answer to this question.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Peter
>

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>