Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] questions about the WindAC.idf

The IO Reference section for "Air Conditioner:Window:Cycling" says that
this model has output variables "Window AC Electric Power" and "Window
AC Electric Consumption", and they both include electric
power/consumption for the compressor and fans (indoor supply air fan and
the condenser fan).

On the other hand, the electric power from the DX cooling coil model
itself (e.g., Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical) does NOT include
indoor supply air fan power, which is clearly stated in the IO Reference.

It is my understanding that nameplate COP would include compressor,
indoor supply air fan, and condenser fan power.

eric_zhou1223 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have some questions about the WindAC.idf .
>
> 1. Indoor fan¡¯s Electricity consumption is not included in the
> Window AC¡¯s.
>    From the report variables, I got COP= (Window AC Sensible Zone
> Cooling Rate)/ (Window AC Electric Power).  I consulted the
> Engineering document, and found this denominator excludes indoor
> fan¡¯s electricity.
>    My question is : how about this issue in real application, i.e.,
> the value COP in the air conditioner¡¯s nameplate? It ignores indoor
> fan¡¯s electricity consumption too?
>
> 2. In the report variables, we have two items: Window AC Sensible
> Zone Cooling Rate, and Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate. I plotted
> curves and they looked almost same. What is the terms' difference?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
>
> Eric

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>