Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] questions about the WindAC.idf

Regarding question 2, below, these output variables are both defined in the
Input Output Reference.  They should be the same.  This occurs sometimes in
EnergyPlus where a generic report variable such as "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling
Rate" overlaps with a component-level report variable.  They are both present
as a convenience for reporting by zone or by component.

Mike

On 15 Aug 2005, at 9:49, Don Shirey wrote:

> The IO Reference section for "Air Conditioner:Window:Cycling" says that
> this model has output variables "Window AC Electric Power" and "Window
> AC Electric Consumption", and they both include electric
> power/consumption for the compressor and fans (indoor supply air fan and
> the condenser fan).
>
> On the other hand, the electric power from the DX cooling coil model
> itself (e.g., Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical) does NOT include
> indoor supply air fan power, which is clearly stated in the IO Reference.
>
> It is my understanding that nameplate COP would include compressor,
> indoor supply air fan, and condenser fan power.
>
> eric_zhou1223 wrote:
>

> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have some questions about the WindAC.idf .
> >
> > 1. Indoor fan¡¯s Electricity consumption is not included in the
> > Window AC¡¯s.
> >    From the report variables, I got COP= (Window AC Sensible Zone
> > Cooling Rate)/ (Window AC Electric Power).  I consulted the
> > Engineering document, and found this denominator excludes indoor
> > fan¡¯s electricity.
> >    My question is : how about this issue in real application, i.e.,
> > the value COP in the air conditioner¡¯s nameplate? It ignores indoor
> > fan¡¯s electricity consumption too?
> >
> > 2. In the report variables, we have two items: Window AC Sensible
> > Zone Cooling Rate, and Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate. I plotted
> > curves and they looked almost same. What is the terms' difference?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help
> >
> > Eric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>