Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Purchased Air Question

In a real system, there is often a minimum air flow rate imposed by a
minimum
ventilation rate. The flow rate will not go below the minimum
ventilation requirement.
The Purchased Air option in EnergyPlus is an ideal system design to meet
the heating
or cooling load in all circumstances. The Purchased Air system is
constant temperature,
variable volume. As an ideal system the variable flow rate is allowed to
approach zero
(in order to meet a very small load). The outside air input is not
treated as a minimum
ventilation requirement; instead the requirement to meet the load by
varying the air flow
overides the outside air specification. For this reason Purchased Air is
not a good
way to calculate real-world ventilation loads.

Fred Buhl