Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Voids between zones again!

That's a fairly good summary of the situation. My comments are:

a) windows should be used only if there is significant short-wave
radiation expected to pass between
the 2 zones. Windows will not transmit long wave radiation.

b) It is true that surfaces in adjacent zones will not "see" each other
in the long wave spectrum. But this is
not as significant as it seems - a light or R-value wall between 2 zone,
with high IR absorbtivity on both
sides, will do a good job of absorbing IR in one zone and transmitting
it (via conduction and reradiation) to
the adjacent zone. Of course in most situations, with both zones
conditioned, such a transfer is
inconsequential.

Fred Buhl