[EnergyPlus_Support] Modelling

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask the following questions about E+ modelling:

1) Overshadowing:
Does Energy Plus minimal shadowing solar distribution accounts for interzonal shading? How about self-shading? Are both only accounted in the full exterior or in the minimal shading as well?

2) Materials:
2.a - I only have data for solar absorptivity of the opaque materials can I assign this same value for thermal absorptivity and visible absorptivity or should I use the defaults 0.9 and 0.7 respectively?
2.b - How about emissivity values? How do I specify emissivity values for opaque materials?

3) Windows:
3.a - What exactly is the IR transmittance? I can get values for the solar transmittance and the visisble transmittance in ASHRAE Handbooks of fundamentals pg. 30.26 to 30.33, but I cannot find values for the IR transmittance, would this be similar to the U-value but without the air layers?  Where can I get this values? Can I use the same value I used for the solar transmittance to
simplify?
3.b - Can the values assigned to visible reflectance be the same as those assigned for solar reflectance, as I do not have any other option for them?

4) Shading:
Do the transmittance, reflectance and emissivity values refer only to the shade or to the composition window + shade?

Once again thank you in advance for the help and attention and hope hearing from you soon,

Best regards,

Clarice

">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>